Kicking off this first post is proving rather more challenging than I’d anticipated. It probably has a lot to do with not having even the vaguest idea of where to begin. Perhaps a list would help? Everyone loves lists!
So, some random facts about me:
- My favourite ‘Never Get Sick of Listening’ song is Better Man by Pearl Jam. There are lots of others but this would be my Desert Island Pick.
- I’m not sure why it’s this song, as I am lucky to be engaged to the best man I could possibly dream up. He’s been my biggest lesson that the right love can change your life forever.
- It must be love as there’s really no other reason that a Shore Girl should find herself living with the most Southern of Southern Men, with a closet full of camouflage and hunting gear rather than pretty shoes and bags.
- We have one very spoilt cat. Mrs Podgely. She’s our baby. With an attitude.
- The Southern Man likes to give her high fives, whistle for her like a puppy – she comes running – and sing her ditties about how awesome she is. She believes him.
- I love colour and sparkle and glitter and sequins. Sometimes all at once.
- I loathe coriander. Tastes like soap. I have it on good Google authority that there’s a ‘coriander gene’ which dictates how a person tastes the coriander flavour, and therefore I maintain that I am not alone in detesting the insidious herb. This is a serious point of contention amongst some.
- Speaking of debates, I firmly stand by the assertion that The Gambler goes to sleep at the end of the Kenny Rogers classic. He does not die, as some misguided friends insist. They know who they are. They’re wrong.
- I am pretty sure Dolly Parton is my spirit animal.
- I have three godsons and one nephew. I am besotted by them all.
- And every day I am reminded how lucky I am to have an incredible assortment of inspirational and impressive friends in my life. I am blessed to have a great family. And I think that this blog might end up being a sort-of tribute to them all. They’re awesome.